Friday 18 September 2015

U.S. 3rd Infantry Division



So for my Allied part of the escalation league I will be collecting a US list. Looking through the Flames of War Road to Rome book to get ideas I have chosen to go with the U.S. 3rd Infantry Division.

They fought in North Africa, Sicily, Italy, France, Germany and Austria, so they are good to go for just about any other theater.

They have a long and illustrious history in both world wars and count the highly decorated Audie Murphy in their ranks.

You can read all about them here
3rd Infantry Division (United States) on Wikipedia

Badge "We Shall Remain"
Shoulder Patch











The First 500

Pretty straight forward has 2nd Lt and 2 infantry squads. Packs 3 Medium Machine Guns to lay down supporting fire and a Bazooka to deal with any light armor that shows up (I'm looking at you Von Cleweswitz).
Built sing Bolt Action Easy Army

Purchases this Month

One Flames of War US Rifle Company Box for £30 with 156 models is going to give me all the infantry I need for the entire project! Comes with 6 M1919 which will cover my MMG choices and more Bazookas than I'll ever need. 


No comments:

Post a Comment